COVID-19: We are open for business. Give us a call on 0117 230 9200 to have a demo or look at our covid resources
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…
Star Wars was born.
And with the exciting news that Star Wars Episode 9 will feature the use unseen footage of the late,
So what CAN Star Wars teach us…
1. Star Wars taught us that when negotiating, it is important to have something of value to barter with. Anakin Skywalker went to extreme lengths, building a ‘podracer’ to secure his freedom from slavery and secure essential parts to Queen Amidala’s ship.
2. Star Wars taught us that ‘turning to the dark side of the force’ is not an effective way to achieve savings…
3. Star Wars taught us that it is important to have a really good understanding of complex categories. How else can you build a Death Star!
When conducting a reverse auction, the lotting structure needs to be able to account for this…
4. Star Wars taught us that keeping your stakeholders aligned throughout the process and clearly defining the specification of a tender are all crucial to ensure that your military does not end up dressed in ridiculous red ‘armour’ with zero protective properties (as stated by We Are The Mighty in their article here.)
5. Star Wars taught us the importance of Procurement within any organisation, regardless of culture. See this quote from the Star Wars Wikia page:
“Procurement and Supply was a branch of the Rebel Alliance that worked to free material from Imperial-occupied worlds. Individuals working for Procurement and Supply included SpecForces technicians (from the 7th Regiment) known as “Procurement Specialists” or “Scroungers.” Winter served as a Procurement Specialist on Averam and other worlds under the alias “Targeter.” Procurement specialists who specialized in acquiring ordnance were known as “Ordnance Procurers.”
6. Finally, Star Wars taught us that if you look like Princess Leia, you get whatever it is that you want in life.
Has Star Wars taught you anything else about procurement? Let us know!
Or get in touch to hear about how you can save money without “Turning to the Dark Side”!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*